A FEW SIMPLE RULES
To help THRIVE students develop the organizational skills they need to succeed in high school, we now expect them to follow a few simple rules when completing in-class assigments and homework.
Unless otherwise stated:
- All written work must be done on standard binder paper with the holes on the left side of the page.
- All word processed writing must be printed on regular letter-sized paper. If you hole punch this work, the holes must be in the proper places.
- All drafts, whether done by hand or on a computer, must be properly double-spaced to allow for easier editing during later stages of The Writing Process (and teacher feedback).
- All schoolwork must include the student's first name and the current date in the top right corner of every single-sided page — unless there are places to write that information in another area (as on some worksheets).
- I will not accept any work for marking that has been crumpled, ripped, folded, stained or chewed!
Any work that does not follow all of these ground rules will have to be corrected or recopied before it will be accepted for marking.
Along the same lines:
- Any homework that is handed in late will be docked 10% per day.